Vice President, Industrial Refrigeration Systems
Vice President Industrial Refrigeration Systems will provide day-to-day leadership and oversight of business operations related to all engineering, design, procurement, field construction and scope changes from project initiation through implementation and service/maintenance.
- Keep abreast of industry changes, modern technology and client needs to deliver new and effective solutions.
- Identify and implement advanced technology to remain current and responsive to the market and customer needs.
- Accountable for the oversight of all project budgets and achievement of project and company financial targets.
- Ensure the financial stability and security of the company with prudent and analytical decision-making.
Business Development and Marketing
- Prepare input to RFP responses with specifications, schedules, budgets, inventory, manpower requirements and detailed assumptions.
- Provide sales support.
- Guide the client through the design-build implementation.
- Serve as point of contact. Keep the client informed of all issues and progress to ensure client satisfaction.
Engineering and Design
- Engineer and design innovative industrial ammonia and hydrocarbon refrigeration systems for variety of industries while ensuring safety and service capabilities are maintained.
- Ensure all projects comply with all building codes and any other legal or regulatory requirements.
- Establish and maintain a strong, positive alliance with equipment manufacturers.
- Ensure estimates are clearly defined, reliable, and economically justifiable.
- Meet the allotted timelines using sound best practices and historical data.
- Develop and maintain the Master Project Schedule. Actively track and manage the project performance according to schedules and critical path.
- Ensure all technical and contractual requirements are in accordance and as committed.
- Respond to technical and project implementation questions and problems.
- Professionally and promptly address unplanned events minimizing the negative impact on client satisfaction, finances and timeline.
- Approve and code all project related invoices.
- Generate project progress billings each month.
Construction and System Installation
- Oversee all project parts and equipment are ordered, delivered according to the project schedule and utilized as designed.
- Ensure health, safety, security and environmental best practices are implemented and adhered to.
- Proven leadership to employees, contractors and vendors.
- Focus on developing and training team members.
- Strengths in planning, finance, negotiation, conflict resolution and hiring talent.
Education and Experience
- BS degree from an accredited program in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management, a must. Professional Engineering License, a plus.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressively increasing responsibility in managing industrial refrigeration design, construction, project management and maintenance.
- Minimum of 15 years in the engineering, design, implementation and sales of ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Relevant experience (Estimator, Supervisor, Construction Manager) on industrial (ammonia) refrigeration projects, a must. Experience on commercial (Freon) systems, a plus.
- Experience leading numerous facets of projects simultaneously.
- MBA, a plus.
- 3-D CAD, AutoCAD experience, a plus.
- IIAR Member, a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution
- Excel at creative problem solving and balancing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to build a collaborative team with influence management
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Technical knowledge and comfort using and teaching leading edge estimating, design, construction and project management tools
- Attention to detail and highly organized with strong analytical skills
- Ability to speak Spanish, a plus
- Ability to travel outside the Dallas-Ft. Worth area for site visits, client meetings, kick-off meetings, problem resolution.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are actively seeking talented candidates